Help for Today, Hope for Tomorrow
Epilepsy Foundation New England's #lighthewaytoday raises awareness of epilepsy and shines a light on the difficult reality
that epilepsy can be fatal.
Each year, more than 1 in 1,000 adults and 1 in 4,500 children with epilepsy die from Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy (SUDEP); the risk increases to 1 in 150 for people whose seizures are poorly controlled.
Join us. Plan to #lightthewaytoday with us on March 26 by lighting a candle and connecting through social media.
Use hashtag #lightthewaytoday:
Spread the word on Facebook:
EFNE is committed to:
- Increasing awareness of SUDEP and the risk of death in epilepsy
- Providing education on how to reduce the risk of SUDEP
- Fundraising to support research to save lives
- Honoring the lives of our loved ones who have passed away
- Supporting families who have lost a loved one to SUDEP